Sunday 22 January 2017

Summing Up 2016

HAPPY 2017 everyone! 

As you've noticed, I've been a rather lazy blogger during the past few months - well, let's say during the whole year. There have been many times that I have wondered what I could write about, which pictures I could share and what I could do in order to create posts more regularly. That being said, I haven't succeeded, however, I'm aiming at being a better blogger within 2017. 

That same goes for correspondence - my dearest hobby of all, because I have been quite inactive, when it comes to writing letters. Please, don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore every single letter that I receive and think about the replies on daily basis. I just haven't been able to grab a pen and a piece of paper as often as I would have wanted to. On the other hand, I have been able to catch up with the letters quite well this January. Hence, I have letters waiting for to be replied only from; Emma (Australia), Sacha (Belgium), Ilona (Latvia), Inga-Siv (Sweden) and Emilia (Finland). My goal is to reply as soon as possible - hopefully, within this month or so. 

Due to the title of this blog post, I though I would sum up the year of 2016 a bit. I considered writing about it, but I have taken some pictures, which I haven't shared anywhere, so I figured I could make this post more visual instead of full of text. 


Wintry walks are the best.


As many of you know, I truly enjoy winter. Well, I do like all of the seasons, but winter has so many positive sides. For example, the beauty of the snow is breathtaking, it's less likely for me to get too warm on a chilly winter day and winter sports (cross-country skiing, ice-skating and ice-swimming) are there to be enjoyed.



Aulanko, Hämeenlinna



During the spring my boyfriend and I made a few journeys to close-by places, which generated lovely memories. Honestly, everything that we have done together has had a meaning, as it was our first year together. Because of him, I have tried out new things, visited new places, tasted various delicious dishes and simply enjoyed life more. 



Trakai Castle, Lithuania

Vilnius, Lithuania


During the change of April and May, I traveled to Vilnius, Lithuania, where I spent a few days together with one of my long-term pen pals. I aim at writing a more specific post about this asap.



Our summer cottage



Then it was time for summer and cottage weekends. I enjoy spending time at the summer cottage and it somehow saddens me that I wasn't able to visit it as often as I would have wanted to during 2016. Hopefully, I get to spend more time there this year. 



In Pärnu, Estonia


In August I needed a break from the grave yard work, which is why my mother and I took a last minute trip to Pärnu, Estonia. This is also a topic for a future post, which I want to publish as soon as I'm finished with it. 



Tallinn, Estonia
Hämeenlinna, Finland



When the autumn was coming, I went on a day-trip with two of my high school classmates to Tallinn, Estonia. It was a lovely day and the whole fall was rather beautiful indeed. 


Pyynikki Sightseeing Tower, Tampere, Finland

Laku-dog and I



During the whole year I looked forward to the weekends, because that's when I got to spend quality time with my love. There were numerous walks to the railway station from where I took a train to Lempäälä, where my boyfriend was waiting for me. We did some memorable things during the fall as well, e.g. visited Pyynikki Sightseeing Tower in Tampere. Something that we have been doing during the whole year, are walks with this super cute Laku-dog. I've never been much of a dog-person, because I have been mainly scared of dogs, however, this dog is really changing my view. 







Yay, I graduated as a bachelor of business administration in December 2016, which I will tell more about in a future post.





Then came Christmas, New Year's and now it's already 2017 - how can the time fly by so fast? Anyhow, I wish this year to be a successful one for everyone! Remember to enjoy the small daily things, which are actually the reasons behind your happiness. 







No comments:

Post a Comment