Saturday 3 November 2012

Almost 80 years of pen palling

Heyy!

This week I read an article about two ladies, who have been corresponding with each other since they were 8 years old, so almost for 80 years. They started pen palling through school, but have continued it ever since.
On the article they tell that they have met four times, and the first meting happened in 1966. I find it so cool that same people have been exchanging letters for such a long time, and are going to continue exchanging them. I wish I could say the same when I'm as old as they are. :)

Let's talk a bit more about Christmas. Well, the only thing that I have to say is that I have started to decorate for Christmas. On November 1st I put some Christmas lights to our home to create the atmosphere (not only for Christmas, but also to help with the darkness).. =)
Here is another Christmas song that I like. =D It's called 'Varpunen jouluaamuna.' There are three versions of it (I couldn't decide which one I like the most :p)

 





Here is the mail update: 
SENT TO:
- Abdülkadir, Turkey  
- Mathilde, France 
- Romy, France
- Silvina, Argentina

RECEIVED FROM: 
- Ga Yeon, South Korea
- Inga-Siv, Sweden
- Hristiyana, Bulgaria
- Pair, Thailand
- Ilona, Latvia
- Emma, Australia


a lovely card from Thailand
This came from Latvia, but it's from Switzerland
Some stamps from South Korea. :)






Some other stamps.

BULGARIA


LATVIA

AUSTRALIA


Have a great weekend, again, as always. ;) 

- Tiia



No comments:

Post a Comment